If you take a careful look at the table, you will note that really all fall into the middle of winter there isn’t a substantial change in much of anything. Some weekly variation but you will see the same numbers as this week back in September or so. And we still see over 70% of all events being in the vaxed or vaxed and boosted. It just isn’t stopping infections, serious disease or death. So 73% of cases, 76% of hospitalizations and 13 out of 15 deaths are in those vaxed groups.
- This post is an update to the Covid vaccination breakthrough data table and charts for the overall Minnesota population published on 12/25/2022 here: https://healthy-skeptic.com/
2022/12/25/breakthrough- events-december-22/. This week’s update adds data through the week ending 12/04/2022, published by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) on 12/29/2022. As usual, there were also relatively minor revisions to past data as MDH rescans the vaccination data bases every week.
- The breakthrough data files are available from MDH here, https://www.health.state.mn.
us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/ vbt.html , in the notes under the graphic images.
- Fig. 1: This table displays the total cases, hospital admissions, and deaths that occurred each week among the unvaccinated, vaccinated but not boosted, and vaccinated and boosted populations. Covid cases are lower for vaccination statuses. Hospitalizations and deaths are lower for the unvaccinated and for the boosted.
- Fig. 2 through 4: Charts displaying the cases, hospital admissions, and deaths over time, using the same data in Fig. 1.
- MDH defines the fully vaccinated (what we have termed vaccinated but not boosted) as those who have not received a booster after completing their primary vaccination series, and had been vaccinated at least 14 days prior to testing positive.
- MDH defines the boosted as those who have received any additional vaccination shots after completing their primary vaccination series, and also received the booster at least 14 days prior to testing positive. In addition, booster doses were only counted after 8/13/2021, the date the CDC first began recommending booster shots.