Another week of same old, same old.
- This post is an update to the Covid vaccination breakthrough data table for the overall Minnesota population published on 12/19/2022 here: https://healthy-skeptic.com/
2022/12/19/breakthrough- events-december-15/. This week’s update adds data through the week ending 11/27/2022, published by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) on 12/22/2022. As usual, there were also relatively minor revisions to past data as MDH rescans the vaccination data bases every week.
- The breakthrough data files are available from MDH here, https://www.health.state.mn.
us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/ vbt.html , in the notes under the graphic images.
- Fig. 1: This table displays the total cases, hospital admissions, and deaths that occurred each week among the unvaccinated, vaccinated but not boosted, and vaccinated and boosted populations. Covid cases and hospital admissions for all vaccinations statuses had fairly large increases the week of 11/27/2022. Boosted hospital admissions in particular were the highest seen since the week of 1/16/2022. Covid deaths were lower for the week of 11/27/2022, but we have seen a pattern of late reporting of deaths, so these will likely be revised higher in the future.
- Fig. 2 through 4: Charts displaying the cases, hospital admissions, and deaths over time, using the same data in Fig. 1.
- MDH defines the fully vaccinated (what we have termed vaccinated but not boosted) as those who have not received a booster after completing their primary vaccination series, and had been vaccinated at least 14 days prior to testing positive.
- MDH defines the boosted as those who have received any additional vaccination shots after completing their primary vaccination series, and also received the booster at least 14 days prior to testing positive. In addition, booster doses were only counted after 8/13/2021, the date the CDC first began recommending booster shots.