- This post is an update to the Covid vaccination breakthrough data table for the overall Minnesota population published on 12/02/2022 here: https://healthy-skeptic.com/
2022/12/02/breakthrough- events-december-1/. This week’s update adds data through the week ending 11/13/2022, published by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) on 12/08/2022. As usual, there were also relatively minor revisions to past data as MDH rescans the vaccination data bases every week.
- The breakthrough data files are available from MDH here, https://www.health.state.mn.
us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/ vbt.html , in the notes under the graphic images.
- Fig. 1: This table displays the total cases, hospital admissions, and deaths that occurred each week among the unvaccinated, vaccinated but not boosted, and vaccinated and boosted populations. Data for the week of 11/13/2022 has been added this week, and there have been very minor updated data throughout the table. Unvaccinated and boosted cases had very small increases the week of 11/13/2022, but not large enough to break the general declining trend. Unvaccinated admissions, at 35 for the week, were the highest since the week of 8/28/2022. Similarly, boosted hospital admissions were 292 for the week, the highest since the week of 1/16/2022.
- Fig. 2 through 4: Charts displaying the cases, hospital admissions, and deaths over time, using the same data in Fig. 1.
- MDH defines the fully vaccinated (what we have termed vaccinated but not boosted) as those who have not received a booster after completing their primary vaccination series, and had been vaccinated at least 14 days prior to testing positive.
- MDH defines the boosted as those who have received any additional vaccination shots after completing their primary vaccination series, and also received the booster at least 14 days prior to testing positive. In addition, booster doses were only counted after 8/13/2021, the date the CDC first began recommending booster shots.