Really, really need to do what Japan has done and stop treating the epidemic like it is anything more than the spread of cold germs.
- These age structure charts display the number of Covid cases, ICU hospital admissions, non-ICU hospital admissions, and deaths in Minnesota each week, sorted by age group. These are an update of last week’s charts published here: https://healthy-skeptic.com/2022/07/30/age-structure-charts-july-28-raw-numbers/.
- The data for the charts on cases comes from the data file “cage.csv”, Case Rate by Age Group, published by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) here: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/case.html. The link to the data file is located in the notes under the graphic “Case Rate by Age Group”. Similarly, the data for hospital admissions is taken from the data file “hage.csv”, Hospitalization Rate by Age Group available here: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/hosp.html . The data in this data file is plotted without modification except that we are taking the difference between total hospital admissions and ICU admissions in order to display non-ICU admissions. Finally, the data for deaths is taken from the data file “dage.csv”, Mortality Rate by Age Group, available here” https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/death.html.
- Fig. 1 and 2: Covid Cases Per Week. The reported Covid cases this week are higher in the 18-49 and 65+ age groups, and slightly lower or flat for the other age groups.
- Fig. 3 and 4: ICU Covid Admissions Per Week. Admissions for the 65+ age group were lower for the week, but within context of a rising trend. The 18-49 and 50-64 age groups are perhaps showing a slightly rising trend as well over the last 2 months.
- Fig. 5 and 6: Non-ICU Covid Admissions Per Week. All age groups are relatively similar to the prior several weeks. All age groups are trending flat over the last 2 months.
- Fig. 7 and 8: Covid Deaths Per Week. The last week of data is not displayed due to lags in reporting deaths. Reported Covid deaths the last 2 weeks were all in the 65+ age group, along with two deaths in the 18-49 age group.