Variability in how the data is collected and presented over time makes these pictures of multi-year trends less useful than they otherwise would be, particularly in regard to cases and hospitalizations.
- Fig. 1: New Daily Covid Cases: The new daily cases appear to be rising slightly. A few more weeks will be needed to see if this is the start of an increasing trend, or just noise in the data.
- Fig. 2: Estimated Active Covid Cases: We are simply showing the number of people who test positive in a 10 day period as an estimate for how many people may be actively infected at any one time, since the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) stopped reporting the number of people No Longer Needing Isolation.
- Fig. 3: Covid ICU Admissions: Average daily Covid ICU admissions have fallen slightly from the recent peak of 9 admissions per day on 7/15/2022.
- Fig. 4: Covid Non-ICU Admissions: Average daily Covid Non-ICU admissions continue to plateau at a relatively elevated rate, having been between 50 and 70 beds per day since 5/06/2022.
- Fig. 5: Covid ICU Beds in Use: Covid ICU beds in use have been gradually rising for the past several months.
- Fig. 6: Covid Non-ICU Beds in Use: Non-ICU Covid hospital beds in use have increased slightly in the past week.
- Fig. 7: Covid Deaths: Deaths attributed to Covid have increased slightly in the past week.
- All data is taken from the Minnesota Department of Health Situation Update for COVID-19 web page https://www.health.state.mn.
us/diseases/coronavirus/ situation.html .
- All data is shown as 7 day running averages.