The general age structure series for all events. We do seem to be experiencing an uptick in hosps among the elderly groups.
- Overall, Covid cases continue to drift lower, while ICU and Non-ICU admissions and deaths are rising.
- Fig. 1 and 2: Covid Cases Per Week. The reported Covid cases this week are moderately lower for all age groups. Total reported cases for the week were 10,263 total for all age groups, down from 11,859 revised cases reported last week. The 70-79 age group is strangely level the past 2 weeks while all other age groups are declining.
- Fig. 3 and 4: ICU Covid Admissions Per Week. There were 62 reported Covid ICU admissions for the week, an increase of 18 from the total of 44 admissions reported last week. The 0-9, 60-69, 70-79, and 80+ age groups were all significantly higher.
- Fig. 5 and 6: Non-ICU Covid Admissions Per Week. There were 425 reported total Covid non-ICU admissions for the week, up from 421 last week. The 70-79 age group was significantly higher for the week.
- Fig. 7 and 8: Covid Deaths Per Week. There were 52 reported Covid deaths for the week, up from 30 reported deaths last week. Deaths in the 70-79 and 80+ age groups were significantly higher, while the 40-49, 50-59, and 60-69 age groups were slightly higher.
The data for the charts on testing, hospital admissions, and deaths comes from the Minnesota Weekly Report (available here: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/index.html). The data in the Weekly Report is presented as cumulative totals for each data type each week. We are taking weekly differences and assembling the data into charts. This data is by date of report, meaning the charts are documenting new events reported this week, even though the underlying event occurred sometime in the past. The data is provided for 5 year age groups, and I am assembling into 10 year age groups to make the charts more readable.
The data for the Covid cases per week come from a data file published along with the Minnesota Weekly Report, here: https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/stats/index.html#wagscd1 This data is published by date of specimen collection, rather than by date of report as the other data is. The data is provided as cases per week in 5 year age groups. We are compiling the data into 10 year age groups in order for the charts to be more readable. This data is updated by date of specimen collection, so it is likely that the past week’s data will be updated.