The Healthy Skeptic is a website about the health care system, and is written by Kevin Roche, who has many years of experience working in the health industry. Mr. Roche is available to assist health care companies through consulting arrangements through Roche Consulting, LLC and may be reached at [email protected].
Join the discussion 4 Comments
Why do we care about the cases? Two friends tested positive. Later they had another test and both tested positive. After that they had another test and one tested positive and the other negative.
That’s five cases. What’s wrong with people???????? This is nuts.
The inventor of the PCR test said, “It doesn’t tell you that you’re sick and it doesn’t tell you that the thing you ended up with was going to hurt you or anything like that.” Kary Mullis 1993
The video is commentary by Kary Mullis: https://www.brighteon.com/72d824c2-4aa9-42fd-834d-0c9bb4a292ad
In other words, while President Trump and others have tested positive for COVID and were ill, they were not necessarily even ill with COVID, but perhaps any number of other viruses.
PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THE PCR test is being used at all?
Keep on talking! Don’t give up. Someone recently pointed out to me the words of Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel:
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”
Hi Kevin and Ellen….(Previous poster)
Through my research, I’ve found in essays, articles and youtube videos many warnings and reactions from scientists regarding the sensitivity of the PCR test. It doesn’t take a genius to make the connection that such a test is therefor negatively driving the policy of the pandemic. It seems that it is the singular problem that won’t allow, by design or ignorance, the pandemic to subside.
Even Fauci admitted in July that 40 cycles is too high. The youtube interview was available but strangely, he continually laughed and made light of this very real, very IMPORTANT variable. In watching it, I realized that his adherents probably believed that his humor and lack of brevity meant it inconsequential and simply went back to focusing on how they could get angry at their neighbor for having a dinner party.
Kevin, I think you’re right when you insist upon a clearer, more transparent picture from our MDH data reporting. I believe in Walz’s case, this lack of transparency fuels his own personal ignorance and leads him to talk of “innings” and “dials,” COACH-LIKE nonsense, adults don’t react to. It’s almost like he has a little information and it makes him dangerous. Surrounding himself with advisors that aren’t examining emerging science/data is a house of cards waiting to fall. Jan Malcolm and Kris Ehrsmann seem to be fixated on cases, case growth and community admonishment while Osterholm is advancing his career to an audience of ONE. I’ve lost faith in the notion that our local advisory group of scientists and public health officials will re-direct course simply because it wouldn’t advance their narrative or decision making hegemony.
It is probably the most socially calamitous reaction undertaken by our policy makers in the history of our nation. I hope we have conclusive evidence someday.
1. All other coronaviruses are seasonal
2. Almost all other respiratory viruses are seasonal
3. We understand some of the reasons which make influenza seasonal (D vitamin, people huddling indoors, less sunlight and exercise) and these reasons also apply to Covid19
4. It’s spiking at exactly the correct time for a seasonal virus.
5. The present peak in Brazil is much smaller than than the recent spikes in North America and Europe and is on its way down. (Argentina is a little weird. It didn’t have an early spike, had a huge one recently and is now on its way down.)
1. All other coronavirus infections are seasonal
2. Almost all other respiratory viral infections and some bacterial respiratory infections are seasonal
3. We understand some of the reasons why influenza is seasonal (D vitamins, lack of sunshine and exercise, huddling inside close to other people etc.). These reasons surely apply to Covid19
4. Recent peaks in the south hemisphere are much smaller than those in the north hemisphere
5. The spike are occurring exactly when you would expect a seasonal peak to occur. They seem to be peaking though which might suggest we are getting close to final population immunity.